Friday, March 18, 2011

Short Stories

After publishing Finitum I planned to revise book 2, instead I chose to write a short story. It's been a while since I've written something new and I missed that. I didn't want to go back to the drag of revising. It can be fun at times, but after reading the same story for the tenth time it will get dull and there won't be fun in it anymore. (A dull me makes an unhappy me.)

Now writing a new story is fun. It's been a while I've felt this excited. It gives a kick when a story comes together, slowly forming along the way you thought it to go at first, but still becoming different. The best part of writing in my opinion is creating the story and seeing it come to life.

The short story is about Sgt. Black a space marine in the FCF, stationed on a moon of the planet Ar-01. His unit was ambushed and left him stranded on the moon's surface as the sole survivor. His oxygen supply dwindling he has to make his way to the outpost and exact his revenge for the treachery. Will he ever get there? Will he succeed in doing so? Is all as simple as it seems?

I intend it to be a Sci-fi/horror story. I hope to have it finished by the end of next week. I'll also have to come up with a cover for the book. I plan to release this one for $0.99 on Amazon and Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment