I told her a bit about my progress so far in writing my work in progress. If you read my previous post, you know it is going slower than I planned. Still I try to write everyday. Today I managed a mere 200 words, still better than zero, it does make me feel less bad. Even if I go slow eventually it will get finished.
Knowing how it feels wanting to write but not doing it, I could not help myself but give her some advice. My advice I was:
- If you really desire to write, to just start doing it. To start today, even if it's just the title and one sentence.
- To figure out which story she wishes to write.
- To not expect the first draft to be any good.
- To start writing a second book when finished with the first.
- By writing more, your skill and experience increases.
- After finishing the second book to use the experience gained to rewrite the first.
I hope my advice gets her to start writing. Also for anybody who wants to write, but has not yet started, if this advice resonates with your feelings, I hope it may aid you in writing and to keep writing.