Sunday, October 30, 2011

A CHALLENGE

I regularly read Dean Wesley Smith's blog. His blog is great to get a better understanding of the publishing world, it helped me immensely with choosing the path I'm following in my own writing career.

He set a challenge for himself, and here follows a quote from Dean Wesley Smith on his blog about his challenge for 2011

"The challenge I have set for myself is simple: 100 new stories written from titles and put up electronically in one year."

I got thinking about this challenge and thought that maybe I should have one of my own. I think it's a great idea to push yourself to test your own limits, and writing a lot and making more bookcovers will only add to my experience and consequently the quality of my work. So I'm going to set a challenge for myself. I'm not going to do 100 new stories for 2012 but I'll do a 1000... nah that's more than I can handle and so is 100. Mine will be 20 short-stories/novelettes for 2011/2012, starting today 30 October 2011 and the finish line will be 30 October 2012. (I chose the 30th of October as starting date because it's my wife's birthday and I hope to successfully finish this challenge in honor of her.)

Upon finishing a story and publishing it, I'll announce it on twitter and I'll put the story on my website and keep it there for a few days for my blog and twitter followers to read freely.

I'll be selling the short stories for $0.99 and the novelettes for $1.99 on Amazon and Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment