UPDATE: I decided to use one cover for the whole series and it's not this one, I'll use it for something else. The new cover for the gone series will be this one:
Been at it for a while, though not a long while. I only touched up the previous cover and put up new fonts. The title is now more readable.
I learned a lot about cover design these last few weeks. It is more difficult to make a great cover than it seems. You can quickly put one up, but that is no guarantee it will be good. It's easier to make book covers from templates, but you must make sure the template is great else all will inherit its design flaws.
I still need to do a little bit of fine tuning before I get these covers out in the wild.